Home page | Practical info | About visa, permit of stay and health care

Visa and permit of stay

Non-EU nationals must carry:
- a valid passport or any other equivalent and authorized valid travel document
- entry or transit visa when requested.

Please inquire your local Italian Embassy or Consulate about visa requirements.
Please notice that when applying for a visa, it is compulsory to state the reasons for travelling and where you will stay, and to show proof that you have enough money to support yourself during your journey and stay.
For further information, please contact your local Embassy or Consulate.

Sometimes, when you apply for a visa to enter Italy, you may be asked to provide a letter of invitation , from the University of Turin. To receive a letter of invitation, contact italianoperstranieri@unito.it and write you personal information, your passport number along with its release date and state that you have enrolled to TUE summer school or ôItalian Language Fridaysö.

Within 8 days from the day of arrival in Italy, the person who intends to stay in Italy for more than three months must declare his/her presence to his/her nearest Police Station in order to receive a permit of stay.

Forms for the release/renewal of the permit of stay must be handed in to the authorized Post Office.

To get more information about visa/permit of stay procedures, click here.

Health Care

For EU nationals:
Eu nationals can benefit from the health care supplied by the SSN Servizio Sanitario Nazionale. EU students must carry their European Health Insurance Card.

For non-EU nationals:
Non-Eu nationals, regularly admitted in Italy, can choose between two options:
- a public insurance provided by national health care system SSN Servizio Sanitario Nazionale
- a private insurance

To get more information about how to enter national health care services, click here.